Maintenance Engineer (Multi Skilled)
Bradford Airport ® is
one of the fastest growing regional airports in the UK, welcoming up to 4
million passengers through our doors every year.
We are committed to employing high quality people who are ambitious to succeed and support our exciting plans for the future, whilst delivering an outstanding service for our customers.
- Reporting directly to the Senior Maintenance Engineer, the Maintenance Engineer will play a key role assisting in maintaining and repairing new and existing assets within the terminal and outlying properties.
- The post holder shall take a hands on approach to ensure LBA can deliver an outstanding passenger experience through continuous improvement and maintenance of the current assets.
- It will be the post holder’s responsibility to ensure all statutory maintenance and maintenance of the standards required as a UK CAA Approved Maintenance Organisation are upheld.
- Working as part of a small team, the post holder will work on a 3 on 3 off shift pattern, consisting of 2 earlies (05:00-16:00) and 1 late (08:00-19:00). Candidates are also required to have the flexibility to be on-call, during their shift set, for any business critical issues and occasionally cover annual leave.
- LBA requires the successful applicant to access the ‘Critical Part’ at the Airport. To obtain access the applicant must provide evidence of a continuous five-year work history, they are subject to a basic criminal record check which demonstrates you do not have a criminal record and they successfully complete a General Security and Awareness Training course.
Role Responsibilities & Main Duties:
- Maintain and repair the HVAC services and fixtures associated with air handling units, single split AC units, VRF system’s & DX system’s within the airport terminal and outlying properties.
- Inspection and planned maintenance of the systems in line with the manufacture’s guidelines & compliance.
- Be involved and be expected to input into a variety of planned and reactive maintenance tasks ranging from plumbing, electrical, joinery, upkeep of baggage handling systems (including motors and belts) and other more general building repairs / maintenance.
- Complete works in line with PPM programme along with a mixture of reactive maintenance and project work.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Update and maintain equipment maintenance documentation, logs and produce fault reports and record events in accordance with data capture requirements.
- Taking hands on approach when required to expedite and the restoration of any systems in the event of loss or impairment of normal service and to prioritise such work in favour of safety related systems.
- Support the Head of Engineering and deputies when requested.
- Flexible attitude on working hours covering leave and call out for major issues.
- You will take hands on approach to create a first class service, always striving to improve asset availability, performance and quality resulting in an improved passenger experience.
In addition to the above responsibilities and tasks,
which the job normally entails, you may, from time to time, be required to
undertake additional or other duties as necessary to meet the needs of the
company’s business on either a temporary or a permanent basis.
If you are interested in applying for this
role, please forward your CV to Gavin Thompson, Engineering Manager at Recruitment@lba.co.uk or
alternatively, this can be posted to the Human Resources Department at Leeds
Bradford Airport, Whitehouse Lane, Yeadon, Leeds, LS19 7TU.